Monday, May 23, 2011

Ham,Asparagus and Vidalia Quiche


What do you do with leftover Easter ham chunked and frozen, asparagus from the garden, and those sweet Vidalia onions. Add some eggs fresh from the chicken house and a little milk, put it in a crust and you have a meal.  Serve for breakfast with some fruit or maybe a light lunch with a small fresh salad. It's an instant meal........


Ham, Asparagus and Vidalia Onion Quiche


1 single pie crust
1-1/2 cups cubed ham
1- 1/2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
1 cup chopped bite size asparagus
1 medium vidalia onion
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
preheat oven to 375 degrees

prepare pie crust of your choice and put into pie pan

saute onions until clear. ( I prefer to caramelize my onions)

Layer ham, cheese, asparagus and onion in crust lined pie pan

In medium bowl beat eggs, milk , salt and pepper. Pour into pie crust over the layered ingredients.

Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Slice and serve warm.


This is my go to quiche recipe try substituting cooked sausage instead of ham or maybe crumbled bacon. How about some mushrooms instead of Vidalia onions or maybe peppers. Try it with broccoli instead of asparagus or maybe chunks of zucchini. Or maybe different cheeses.

The possibilities are endless but always good.

Blessings from The Holler

The Canned Quilter

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to read the link as hamsparagus. *headdesk*

    It looks good! I bet it tasted awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to challenge me, disagree with me, or tell me I’m completely nuts in the comments section of each blog entry, but I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever (abusive, profane, rude, or anonymous comments) – so keep it polite, please. Also I am not a free advertisement board if you want to push a product on my comments I will delete you fast !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails